Monday, May 11, 2009

Tulips, Ice Hockey, and Leaving...


It's my last night! :(  So very sad.  Although it is going to be MARVELOUS to get back to the states, and then Australia, I really don't want to leave.  The tulips are springing up all over the city, fountains are popping up in places I didn't know had fountains, the leaves on the trees are beautifully bright green (I realised that I hadn't seen leaves for almost 4 months -strange thought), and where there was once mud and ice there is the most ridiculously bright green grass.  In short, St Petersburg is becoming absolutely beautiful, and I'm leaving in almost 15 hours.

Oh well, I'll just have to return.

Last night we stayed out all night to see the bridges go up and celebrate my last weekend in St Pete.  We chose a good night -Russia was playing Canada in the ice hockey somethingorother final, and they won.  There was partying and honking and flag waving and screaming all throughout the streets... Russians are a lot of fun when they're happy.

I have a ton of footage of the evening, but I'll have to upload later.  I'm packing, trying to make sure I have everything I need, and not be over the baggage weight.  I hate packing.

If I don't get another chance to blog from Russia, I'll catch up when I'm in the states, or on my stopover in London.

LOVES TO ALL!

No comments: