Friday, February 20, 2009

Can't get this song out of my head

From a fun film called "Stilyagi", about rebellious anti-Soviet teens, rebelling with their own version of rock and roll. Bright, colourful, fun...and the ending isn't so depressing you want to kill yourself! (Don't get me wrong, it's still not the HAPPIEST ending in the world -it is a Russian film after all -but it's not too bad).




I had no idea where to get the music, but luckily a girl in my class has the soundtrack, so she gave it to me. Probably counts as illegal music sharing, but I prefer to think of it as culturally enriching.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That guy plays a wicked saxaphone! That scene reminds me of this movie, I forget what it's called, but there is a group of guys and the girl is liv tyler and they play at county fairs...I can here the song but I don't know the movie...

knickersinatwist said...

mmm very interesting. I like it... don't understand it completely but watching it and listening to it without the words is very provacative.

ndv said...

Sorry for bothering you, I came across this post while searching for Stelyagi.

The music in the clip is of the rock band Чайф, it is called "Пусть все будет..." from the album with the same name, you can get it in any music store for ten bucks or so.

Good luck.