Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Urgh. Do people have nothing better to do with their time?

So the video in the blog beneath this one has been removed from facebook for copyright infringement... apparently writing "the song in the background is 'Gibberish' by Relient K'" wasn't enough for someone, and so they reported me.

I understand the rules of copyright infringement, and perhaps I shouldn't have named the video clip 'Gibberish' too...  But considering how much copyrighted and infringed CRAP there is on such sites as youtube and myspace, I really didn't think that my video was a problem or illegal in any way.

And most of all, I really don't think that Relient K themselves would have had a problem with it.  Someone (the person who reported me) clearly has too much time on their hands.  It's especially worrying since my facebook profile has such ridiculous privacy settings that my friends can't find me to add me as a contact, leading me to think maybe it was someone I know....?  Hmm.  Or perhaps a record company employee with a really crappy job is paid to sort through bad internet videos, and stumbled across mine.

But anyway, apologies to Relient K if adequate credit was not given.  I've been a fan for ages, and I'm sure noone thought I'd written the song, or sung it like a boy, and played the drums and guitar, or tried to take credit for it in any way.

So, here is a video I found on youtube, set to a different Relient K video.  I'm not saying it's crap, I'm just saying that if this is allowed to stay on the internet, mine should be too.


No comments: