Sunday, March 8, 2009

Maslenitsa!

So I'm extremely backlogged with my blogs.  I really should have written a blog about Maslenitsa a week ago, while it was still clear in my mind and my enthusiasm was fresh.  Maslenitsa was amazing fun, but now the details of the day are starting to slip away from me.

Anyway, in an attempt to capture the fun of it all I made this little video collection of clips from the last day of Maslenitsa week.  My editing skills are still extremely basic, so forgive me for that.  I was thinking about Rick "Spiderman" Westphal all day (a brilliant professional videographer/director of photography friend of mine) and what he would film, and I tried to channel the Spiderman genius and find interesting things to shoot, but I'm not sure how well I fared in that department.  Also, I left a little bit of extra footage on the end (that isn't put to music) because I thought that you should hear the chanting/singing/general ruckus being made at the time.

Hopefully I caught a little tiny bit of the fun that was Maslenitsa :)  Enjoy.

PS: I will blog soon, and explain exactly what Maslenitsa is.

LOVES!


2 comments:

Michael said...

we demand MORE VIDEOS!

отл.

Amanda said...

*I like this.

WV: flutchea- an airborne sickness that causes you to sprout grass from your head.